I'm a software engineer with 9 years of experience working at web startups. I write readable, well-documented and well-tested code while iterating quickly. I'm able to contribute holistically to build a great product—writing specs, doing design, and evaluating metrics. I've also built a few open source projects which I currently maintain.
I'm looking to work with driven teams to build impactful products.
Senior software engineer, Jan 2017–Sep 2019
Amino provides a search tool to help people to find affordable doctors and hospitals, powered by analyzed insurance claims data. Stack: React, Python, Flask, Postgres, Docker.
- Lead engineer on the HSA banking product built on top of a third-party API provider. Did product management, worked closely with API provider, wrote proposals to get team buy-in, and helped mentor the HSA team.
- For HSA, designed and built the transaction reconciliation system, payroll system, banking DB schema, ACH transfers, and role-based permissions system. Helped build batch file processing system, enrollment processing, and admin tooling to support operations like reversals and rollovers.
- Helped guide and build a scalable design system based on composable CSS utility classes. Made frontend more maintainable by improving redux patterns and adopting standard libraries like Formik to replace homegrown components.
Senior software engineer, Dec 2014–Aug 2016
PatientsLikeMe helps people with rare diseases by analyzing their condition and treatment data and using it to drive research. Stack: React, Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Swift.
- Built React frontend for a general-purpose patient interview framework, and wrote dozens of other React components.
- Open-sourced two react components, react-calendar-heatmap and react-circular-progressbar, as part of a health tracking project.
- Quickly learned and handled development on PLM Connect iOS app for two months, adding treatment reports and other features to the app.
Software engineer, May 2011–Apr 2014
Panjiva makes global trade data searchable and understandable by building search and company profiles on top of raw shipment data and other sources. Stack: Ruby on Rails, Postgres.
- Built an interface to visualize Chinese trade data. Worked on numerous projects on homepage, search, subscription flows, and user dashboard. Improved conversion rate on high-traffic public company profiles.
- Helped introduce performance monitoring via NewRelic, acceptance testing, easier A/B testing, and established a code review process.
Lockheed Martin (Simulation & Training)
Software engineer, Jan 2010–May 2011
- Developed major frontend improvements to an emergency preparedness training application built with Ruby on Rails.
An open source circular progressbar for React, written in Typescript and extensively customizable. Built with React and SVG.
An open source calendar heatmap inspired by Github's contribution graph. Built with React and SVG.
An open source interactive piano component which supports custom sounds, touch/click/keyboard events, programmatic playback, and fully configurable styling. Published on npm.